For one reason or another, I found myself in need of a large number of QR codes. Normally I manually use the site http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ when I need one or two, but that just wasn’t practical in this case. On the other hand, I really didn’t want to go about finding out how to generate the images on my own, so I whipped up this dead simple bash script:
It simply takes each line from a text file and uses curl and the kaywa website to generate the png file. Since I wasn’t too concerned about the file name, I just used a counter variable. It isn’t clean or terribly useful, but it got the job done.